Senior Test Engineer
As the selected Senior Test Engineer, you’ll join an expert team where you’ll work on the test development of energy efficient server and storage systems.
With adoption by companies such as AWS, Apple and Microsoft, ARM has become the architecture of choice for every industry that faces power challenges. My client has created a revolutionary server design that brings the energy efficiency, compactness and the scalability of mobile ARM to the data centre.
Since this is a small team, expect to have your hands in everything including from the test infrastructure down to the low level hardware functionality testing. You will also excel at integrating and automating the developer created unit tests.
Responsibilities for the role of Senior Test Engineer will include:
- Create product test requirements.
- Work closely with the other team members to provide timely test feedback to enable the development effort.
- Create test automation frameworks using combinations of purchased, Open Source and home-grown tests to ensure a quality product.
- Find and enter bugs into Jira and help to manage their closure and validation.
- Configure systems and infrastructure using latest Infrastructure tools and techniques.
- Provide QA input on new features.
- Perform manual testing when required.
- Provide clear concise documentation to enable other teams and future team members to easily ramp and support your work as you move on to new products.
As the selected Senior Test Engineer, your experience should include
- Industry experience testing servers or network infrastructures.
- Experience testing ‘new’ hardware; servers, switches, routers etc.
- Development experience in relevant languages such as Python, C++, C, Bash.
- Experience with Linux product, development and test environments.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team.
Desired experience / skills you can develop within the role
- Experience using containers with Docker/Kubernetes to build an effective test environment.
- Experience with Redfish and/or IPMI.
- Experience with low level server concepts including UEFI, PCIe, Environmental monitors, BSPs, PXE boot etc.
- Strongly desired – Experience with ARM architectures.
The company have recently received an additional £10million in new investment and are going through another large round of expansion to support their quest to revolutionise data centres.
This role is a unique blend of technically challenging work, whilst designing systems that will have a socially positive impact on the world.
Benefits include bonus, shares, pension, private medical insurance and more.