Principal Embedded Linux Software Engineer
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for developing embedded Linux platforms, distributions and device drivers for Xilinx Zynq based systems.
This role is extremely important to the future product roadmap so it is expected you’ll have industry experience and success designing low-level systems within a product development environment and expert knowledge of embedded Linux platforms.
The role also includes technical leadership and mentoring Junior Engineers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong embedded C programming skills with an ability to optimise hardware performance by understanding low level hardware and software interaction.
- Proven experience with Linux BSPs, Linux Kernel and Toolchain Builds.
- Extensive experience of software development including platform bring-up and low-level debugging.
- Linux Device Driver and Platform Driver development.
- Root File System, Bootloaders (U-Boot) and Device Tree.
- Xilinx Vivado.
- Linux V4L2.
- IP / Network protocol experience.
- Familiarity with GStreamer
They can offer a highly competitive salary plus bonus, pension and flexible working hours.
Please get in touch if you would like to explore further or have any questions regarding the role or company.