As the selected Hardware Engineer, you’ll join an expert, multi-disciplined engineering team where you’ll work on the design and validation of high bandwidth embedded systems for a global client base.
Responsibilities for the role of Hardware Engineer will include:
- Schematic level design of high speed digital and mixed signal systems.
- Board bring-up and debug.
- Hardware validation and handover to production engineering.
- Selection, analysis and design-in of complex SoC devices (graphics processors and interfaces).
- Participation in technical reviews and assessment of technical risks associated with designs.
- Provision of ongoing technical support for customers and manufacturing partners.
Your technical skills and experience should include:
- Development experience and proficiency in designing and debugging complex electronic circuits that include FPGAs, high bandwidth memory subsystems, digital and analog signalling and embedded processors.
- Understanding of high speed signalling and interconnection principles.
- Experience of Mentor DX Designer (now VX) or similar high end schematic tools.
- Strong team working and communications skills are required to ensure efficient interfacing between chip level design (FPGA or embedded firmware), board level design and PCB layout.
- Good understanding of PCB layout principles
- Experience of high speed networking (10Gb Ethernet) would be a great asset but not essential
The company is an industry leading, award-winning technology developer who are going through a large round of expansion due to continued success and product demand. They can offer challenging but rewarding work within a highly innovative and collaborative environment where you’ll encouraged to develop your technical skills. This is a great opportunity for experienced Hardware Engineer ready for a fresh new challenge.
Benefits include bonus, pension, death in service and flexible working hours