As the selected FPGA Engineer, you’ll join an expert Hardware Team and work on the development of industry leading, award-winning technology used by a global client base across medical to security.
Responsibilities of the FPGA Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- HDL design and verification of systems primarily in VHDL.
- Architecting HDL block designs from scratch considering product requirements, test requirements and design re-use.
- HDL integration and system validation to develop high speed digital and mixed signal systems based on FPGAs.
- Delivery of FPGA designs for product releases that meet functional requirements, performance goals and coding standards.
- Guiding the work of junior engineers and peer review of HDL and FPGA designs.
- Debug of embedded software that interacts with FPGA functions. Communication with software engineers to agree APIs and test strategies.
- Board debug, using scopes, analyzers and embedded software IDE’s to verify functionality and performance.
- Analysis of failures and feeding solutions back into the design flow.
- To be successful in the role of FPGA Engineer, you should possess the following technical skills:
- Fluent in HDL design using either VHDL or Verilog.
- Fluent in HDL verification using HDL testbenches, knowledge of using code and functional coverage is desirable.
- Knowledge FPGA architecture, operation, and tool flow using either Intel/Altera or Xilinx.
- Experience of defining timing constraints and resolving timing closure problems using tool flow, constraints and design changes.
The company is an industry leading, award-winning technology developer who are going through a large round of expansion due to continued success and product demand. They can offer challenging but rewarding work within a highly innovative and collaborative environment where you’ll encouraged to develop your technical skills. This is a great opportunity for experienced FPGA Engineer ready for a fresh new challenge.
Benefits include bonus, pension, DIS and flexible working hours